Parenting is not an easy choice to make, especially with an unplanned pregnancy decision. You may feel unqualified or unequipped. You are stronger than you may think, though. You could have questions like…
- How can I financially support a child?
- Can I parent and continue school?
- Will my partner support me?
- What about childcare?
- How do I take care of an infant?
- What material support is available?
All of these questions are good questions to ask yourself, and we can help you navigate them! Better understand all the available resources and support before making up your mind about parenting.
Feel Equipped to Parent
Our team has tools to help you cope with the challenges of parenthood, including one-on-one fatherhood mentoring at your request. We offer mood screens to moms throughout pregnancy and after delivery to catch a mood disorder before it happens.
Our navigators are trained to guide parents to numerous community resources that are available. We offer parenting skills classes that are interactive and fun. Far from being cookie-cutter programs, our classes and workshops are crafted to meet your goals. We offer classes throughout the year at our center. They are free and open to the community for those who register ahead of time.
No-Cost Parenting Classes
We provide ongoing parenting skills classes. Support for moms and dads is available to help you with the hardest job you’ll ever love:
- Teen Moms Support Group (New)
- Fatherhood Mentoring Program (New)
- Labor & Delivery Class
- Lamaze & Breathing Techniques
- Baby Basics (Infant Care)
- Postpartum Mood Screening
- Breastfeeding Class
- Parenting Workshops
- Budget & Money Management
- Coming Soon: Free Doula Support Services
More Community Resources
Our navigators can also equip you with other community resources in your area. Here are just a few examples of the types of resources in your area that you may not even know about:
- Issues with health insurance
- Locating doctors / prenatal providers
- Clothing donations
- Support groups
- Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Spiritual Support
- Housing Referrals
- County Referrals (WIC, Family Services)
- Grief Support
Contact our team today to explore the option of parenting and learn more about what’s next for your unique journey.